Toby has taken really well to the whole weaning process. He is a good little eater (most of the time!) and so far has eaten almost everything I have put in front of him. I have mostly been giving him purees and shop bought baby food but have also been doing a little baby led weaning.
I have found that if we give him his main dinner and then sit down at the table to have our dinner he likes to have a few bits of food to munch on while we are eating.
I was really pleased to receive the Brother Max Home and Travel Weaning Bowl as I had been looking at bowls that stick to the high chair to allow Toby to practice picking food out of a bowl without knocking the bowl off the highchair tray.
The Brother Max items are brightly coloured and so appeal to children (and adults!). The home and travel weaning bowl consists of a removable sucker pad on the bottom of the bowl, a main bowl with a loop to make it easy to hold, two little separate compartments that fit inside the bowl, a lid which allows you to heat the food with a lid on (particularly good if you are out and the microwave isn’t as clean as you would like it to be) and two spoons in the lid that are heat sensitive and change colour if the food is too hot.
Although I mainly used the bowl at home I really liked it – when I did take it out the separate compartments meant I could take more than one type of food for Toby (a main and a dessert) and I found it useful to have everything I needed in one place.
Home and Travel weaning bowl
- because little ones like to grab the bowl when you’re holding it, our bowl has an easy to hold handle that allows your hand to pass through and wrap around the bowl for stability and support
- because little ones also like to grab the bowl from the table, our bowl can be fixed to the table or high chair, yet easily removed
- because dirty cutlery soils travel bags, our spoons store inside the bowl’s lid
- because it’s so easy to over-heat food, our spoons change colour if the food is too hot
- because food can splatter everywhere when being heated, our lid is vented to allow microwaving with the lid on
- because spoons often end up on the floor, we’ve included two
What we liked:
- everything in one place
- stuck really well to highchair tray
- bright colour
- good quality plastic
- BPA, phthalate, PVC free
- Good seal – food didn’t leak out
- Easy to hold
- Easy to clean
Would be even better if:
- There was a smaller option – the bowl is quite large and took up a lot of room in my change bag
On the whole there was very little I didn’t like about the bowl and I would definitely recommend it to my friends. I expect as Toby gets older and starts to eat more it will be even more useful. I was really impressed the sucker’s ability to stay on the highchair with Toby bashing it too!
The bowl has a RRP of £5.99 and can be bought from the NCT shop (http://www.nctshop.co.uk), Tesco, Mothercare and Amazon amongst other places.
As we liked the bowl so much, Brother Max have kindly allowed us to give one away to our lucky readers!
To enter just leave a comment below to say you would like to win.
For bonus entries: you can have one additional entry for each step but you will need to leave a separate comment for each for them to be included4
- Follow this blog on Google Connect (button on the right!)
- Follow @thescrummymummy and @brothermax_ on twitter
- Tweet ‘I’m in to win with @thescrummymummy and @brothermax http://goo.gl/L26C5_’
UK entries only please. Closing date for this competition is July 31st at midnight.
This giveaway has been extended till 31st August due to it being lost when the site went done